A Little About Me
Hi Y’all, I’m Beth Moore, LPC, and I am very passionate about Play Therapy & Sandtray Therapy and helping people heal in mind-body-spirit. I am the founder and owner of Moore Wellness LLC and Holistic Sandtray Institute LLC in Lafayette, Louisiana.
Restoring relationships and whole-person healing is possible! I specialize in Sandtray Therapy with teens and adults who have experienced trauma and difficult life transitions. I am passionate about creative strategies & Integrative Therapies to connect our minds, hearts, and spirits as one.
Want to Schedule?
Great, I can’t wait to meet you & help you on your journey!
There are a few ways you can book an appointment, including a free consultation for new clients.
- Click on the button “Request an Appointment”, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
- Click on Contact Us
I earned my Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology from Otterbein University in Columbus Ohio. There I was able to graduate Cum Laude with Distinction, have a membership in Psi Chi Honors Society, and conduct independent research & experiments for my senior year thesis: Social Competence of Home Educated Children.
I then went on to earn a Master’s of Science Degree in Counselor Education from the University of Louisiana in Lafayette in 2016. I gained experience in play therapy, family systems, leading and training leaders in group therapy, and multicultural competence. Now as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), I also train others in Sandtray Therapy as well.
My goal is to offer meaningful growth and integrative services geared towards helping people balance their brain-body-spirit by utilizing Sandtray Therapy, Play Therapy, and creative interventions for all ages.
Counseling experiences include:
- Holistic Sandtray Institute, LLC in Lafayette, Louisiana: training mental health professionals in advanced integrative therapies, including how to be a credentialed Sandtray Therapist.
- Moore Wellness, LLC in Lafayette, Louisiana: a wellness center offering integrative therapies for all ages. Includes counseling, play therapy, massage therapy, and Tai Chi Easy™.
- The Counseling Center, Asbury United Methodist Church: offered therapy to help with anxiety, depression, relationship conflict, abuse, trauma, anger, and life transition issues.
- The Family Tree of Acadiana: taught emotional development, multicultural family awareness, life transitions, and creative coping skills to the Rollercoaster class for ages 5-12, expanding to ages 3-17.
- LaFleur Counseling Services: offered individual, couples, and family therapy utilizing creative strategies such as sandtray, art, play therapy, mindfulness, and psychotherapy.
- The Clinic for Counseling and Personal Development at University of Louisiana at Lafayette: demonstrated effective counseling skills in play therapy, group therapy, family systems, and multicultural competence.
Member of Chi Sigma Iota Honors Society, ACA, LCA, LAMFT, IAMFC, and APT.
I regularly teach about holistic wellness, Sandtray Therapy, and trauma recovery at workshops and international conferences.
Some of the topics that I have been honored to be able to share with others include:
- Integrative wellness healing Mind-Body-Spirit
- Trauma Recovery through Play & Sandtray Therapy
- Neurobiological Trauma-informed Play & Sandtray Therapy
- Stress Management & Burnout Prevention
- Building an Effective Team
- Self-care & Wellness
- Restoring Relationships between Parents & Adolescents
As many of you know, the journey to wellness can look different for each person. I have been continually working to train myself further, with this in mind. I want to find alternate ways to help people find their own wellness. The following are the credentials I have attained so far.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Registered Play Therapist (RPT)
- Internationally Credentialed Sandtray Therapist – Provider (ICST-P)
- EMDR Trained (EMDR)
I love to work with all ages, including children ages 3 and up to elderly adults. From my office in Lafayette, Louisiana, I offer individual, couples, and family counseling services.
I specialize in Play Therapy and Sandtray Therapy with clients who have experienced trauma, by using Neurobiologically and Trauma-Informed creative integrative therapies for healing mind-body-spirit.
Neurobiologically and Trauma-Informed Therapies restore our fight, flight, or freeze responses. It helps rewire the brain to better intentionally respond instead of impulsively react, and builds community resiliency to support families and their cultures.
Holistic & Integrative Therapies can transform mind-body-spirit experiences, including Play & Sandtray Therapy, Massage Therapy, Tai Chi Easy™, and meditations to heal the whole person.
Connect with You
I’d love to get to connect with you! I hope to get to meet each of you and hear your story. Join the Moore Wellness Tribe today!
Beth Moore, LPC, RPT, ICST-P